(Age 15 Years and younger)
Step 1: Complete Order Form & Payment.
(Skip step 1 if you already paid) Order child passport service here.
Step 2: Please follow all the requirements listed.
Prepare All 7 Requirements Below:
|1. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM (DS-11) (click here)|
|• Print and fill out the DS-11 (New Application form)
• Print out completed application form
• Leave signature blank until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent at the post office or county clerk
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM
|2. LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION (click here)|
|• Print two copies and complete the Passport Processing Authorization Letter.
• Fill out this form by hand and have one parent sign the bottom using blue or black ink.
IMPORTANT: YOUR SIGNATURE MUST APPEAR THE SAME ON ALL DOCUMENTS
| 3. PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP (minors under 15)
|• Provide one original document (not a copy) from the following:Acceptable Documents: – Original U.S. Birth Certificate (to obtain, click here)
- Certified copy of U.S. Birth Certificate (to obtain, click here)
- Original Naturalization Certificate
- U.S. PassportIMPORTANT: DOCUMENTS THAT ARE MUTILATED ALTERED, OR DAMAGED WILL BE REJECTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
|4. PROOF OF IDENTITY|
|• You must provide an official copy of ONE of the following documents as proof of Identity:1. Both parent’s current, valid Driver’s License with Photo (must be issued greater than 6 months ago)
2. If the above mentioned Identification isn’t available, then you need to supply an Alternate Proof of Identity• You must provide an official copy of ONE of the following documents as proof of Relationship:1. Certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents’ names); or
2. Certified Foreign Birth Certificate (with parents’ names and translation, if necessary); or
3. Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) (with parents’ names); or
4. Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) (with parents’ names); or
5. Adoption Decree (with adopting parents’ names); or
6. Court Order Establishing Custody; or
7. Court Order Establishing Guardianship.NOTE: If the parent(s)’/guardian’s name(s) is/are other than that on these documents, evidence of legal name change is required.
|5. Two (2″x2″) Standard Passport Photos.|
|• Two identical passport photos are required for a new passport.
• Photo requirements click here.
|6. PROOF OF INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL|
|• Provide two copies of one of the following travel documents below proving your international travel within 14 days of this application submission:Acceptable Proof of Foreign travel:
- Plane ticket
- Travel itinerary from a travel agent or online booking (E-Ticket)
- Business letter from your employer. Click here for a sample business letter
|7. GOVERNMENT FEES|
|• U.S. Department of State Fee - $140.00 Make check or money order payable to U.S.Department of State. -Write your date of birth on the check or money order
• Acceptance Agency Fee - $25.00Leave check or money order blank (Acceptance agent will instruct you to whom to make the check or money order payable to).IMPORTANT: STARTER CHECKS AND 3RD PARTY CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
STEP 2 – Appear, Sign, Seal, & Send
|1. TAKING APPLICATION TO A PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE FACILITY|
|IMPORTANT: Both parents must appear in person at a post office or court house and present the original documents to an acceptance agent which is authorized to accept passport applications. If both parents are not available, the absentee parent must fill out a consent form DS-3053 which allows the one parent to apply for the passport. Please contact our office at 877-910-7277 if you have any questions. The acceptance agent is needed to witness the signing of your application for the passport.• Children and parents must appear in person at a post office, court house, or county clerk and present the original documents to an acceptance agent which is authorized to accept passport applications. The acceptance agent is needed to witness the signing of your application for the passport.
• Notify the agent you are using an expediting service to “hand carry” your application. Click here to locate an acceptance facility in your area.
• The acceptance agent will take All Documents you prepared in Step 1:
• The agent will then instruct you to Sign the DS-11 in their presence. Important you signature must match on all documents.
• They will also verify the child to the passport photos given.
• The agent will then Seal the envelope with the $140.00 check inside, and will then stamp the envelope.
• IMPORTANT:Make sure the agent returns the sealed hand carried envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope, suggest that he/she refer to page 31 of their Passport Agent’s Manual, “Hand-carrying of Executed Applications”.IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THIS SEALED HAND CARRIED ENVELOPE OR THE APPLICATION WILL BE INVALID.
|2. HAND CARRY ENVELOPE PREPARATION|
|• Attach your , travel plans, and authorization letter to the outside of the hand carry envelope with a staple or paperclip.|
|SHIPPING YOUR PASSPORT APPLICATION FOR PROCESSING|
|• Send hand carried envelope to:
1318 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
Phone: 718-252-4100 ext 2Recommended overnight/next day shipping providers:
FedEx – Drop Off Locator
UPS – Drop Off LocatorAny Questions? Please Call Us Immediately: 877-910-7277
If you have you not placed an order with our expedited service yet, click here.